TRIBUTE TO PETER LAWSON: true story

 


NEWS: The Chancery Art Gallery, Bracebridge, ON sponsors an annual Regatta.

TRIBUTE TO PETER LAWSON: true story

One year, during the Regatta, on the boat, 'Why Not', we experienced a sudden and serious lull in the wind. I looked at Peter who seeing my concern, said "It's because we are passing behind an island." This, I learned, takes the wind out of the sails. I felt gloom, "Now what?"

"Just wait," he said. As we drifted, I saw the confidence in his face. I felt at ease. A few minutes later he pointed, "Look, there...see the ripple on the waves?" I nodded my eyes wide. "We'll get the wind back," he said smiling.

Sure enough, I felt a breeze and then the wind. The sails filled and we were on our way again. He grinned. I realized I had experienced real sailing with someone, who not only had lived it, he loved it.

RIP Peter Lawson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lithium Technology - Boon for Alberta Economy